Our Father, reportedly in Heaven,
hollowed be thy name.
Jesus’ cred undone,
by callous Christians,
putting petty desires front and center.
Give us this day our daily dread
as we bask in cruelty
and co-sign the cruelty of others
And let us not head toward redemption
but push others under the bus.
For those of you who didn’t grow up in the church, the more traditional version…
- “Our Father, who art in heaven,
- hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come,
- thy will be done,
- on earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread,
- and forgive us our debts,
- as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation,
- but deliver us from evil.”